My second son’s first birthday was right before Halloween. This made planning a theme pretty easy. Pumpkin favors anyone?
Actually my idea for the favors came a year ago. I remember the bliss (seriously!) of lying in the hospital and watching TV. It was like being at a hotel that came with its own babysitter.
The Pioneer Woman was on and I was captivated by her and her candy coated marshmallow pops. That’s when this idea was born.
If you have a pumpkin themed party coming up, you might want to try it.
Here’s what you need:
- a bag of marshmallows
- orange candy melts (I got mine from Walmart)
- lollipop sticks
- candy eyes (All the rage, and also from Walmart)
- black edible pen (Another Walmart find)
Here’s what you do:
- Melt the candies either by microwaving or I put a glass bowl over a pot of boiling water that I later simmered.
- Put a little of the candy melt atop the stick so the marshmallow adheres to it.
- Dip the marshmallow.
- Stick eyes on it.
- Let it cool either by sitting out, putting it in the fridge or freezer.
- And then draw a mouth.